Meet America Curl.
She’s a Statistics and Data Science undergraduate student and works at the Main Library as a student assistant.
Brick walls are coming down and a new building is going up.
Here’s America’s take on the Student Success District’s impact on students like her.
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE, STUDENT SUPPORT, HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Take a look at what's coming.
Complete and Open
- Cross-disciplinary design and fabrication tools
- Digital technology spaces that transcend boundaries
- Ecosystems that support different types of research
Albert B. Weaver Science-Engineering Library
Construction completed by mid 2020
- Learning spaces designed for student collaboration
- Connectivity between library spaces and collaborative classrooms
- Peer-based teaching and learning
Bear Down Gym
Construction completed by early 2022
- Academic advising
- STEM and research engagement
- Career and corporate engagement
- Historic building, 21st century purpose
- Exercise and wellness activities
- Healthy nutrition options
Bartlett Academic Success Center
Construction completed by late 2020
- Centralized student services
- Mentoring and tutoring
- Career counseling
Construction completed by late 2021
- Shaded patios with power and wifi
- Healing garden for meditation and contemplation
- Indoor/outdoor learning in Tucson’s sunny climate
GAME CHANGING PROGRAMS
The University of Arizona is home to renowned student support programming and career services. The Student Success District will allow the UA to expand those difference-making programs to reach even greater numbers of students.
New and expanded space will house transformative programs such as Student Engagement & Career Development, the Strategic Alternative Learning Techniques (SALT) Center, and THINK TANK where students build the skills that they will need throughout their academic, professional and personal lives.